Thursday, November 15, 2007

Outrage

Mark Morford is brilliant. I read him as often as I can. Here is a link to his 11/14 column on SFGate.com . The premise is outrage fatigue. Consider this

"Smart, informed outrage engages you and fires your heart, your mind. It is fuel. It is the reason you claim you enjoy being an American, to question malevolent government actions and take a stand and demand accountability where there has, for the past seven years, been none. Bottom line: We simply cannot let them convince us, by way of an all-out assault on science, sex, love, et al, that the good fight just ain't worth fighting."

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I can't belive the shit that people get up in arms about these days. Ellen DeGeneres's whining about a dog adoption. Brittany Spears in her latest escapade. Give me a fucking break. There are some real things to be outraged about.

No comments: