Sunday, November 4, 2007

Staging a Comeback

I have done it several times. Like two years ago when I broke my arm and spent 6 weeks off the bike. Or last year when i went on an extended vacation and didn't get my hear rate over 100 the whole time. But this one feels a little bit bigger. The good news is I am back on my bike with only the regular, suffering thorugh a bike ride, pain.

I re joined my Sunday group ride for the first time in about two months. I was happier than a pig in shit. We rolled out down 49, thanks guys for going the least step way, and out to Cool. Then up 193 to Greenwood. Some of us went home from there but the rest went up past gtown to Wentworth springs rd. I've gotta check the mileage but it is 30 or 40. To do the loop with some pretty respectable climbing in there.

I was slow. I meann slower than usual. We rolled out slow and respectable. It was great sitting in the pack. Whenever the pace picked up, I went straight out the back. Fine with me. I did a lot of the ride at z4-5 and by myself. It just felt good to be out on a beautiful warm November morning. And even better to finish the ride and be able to walk normally. Huzzah!

I am really looking forward to spending the winter months regaining base and then working on a rebuild of power. Come April there is going to be a faster, stronger me that doesn't get injured from muscle imbalances because I've learned yet another hard lesson in the school of road biking fitness.

No comments: