Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lets Not get all fired up here

I've been saying the serenity prayer a lot lately and it is working. I am tranquil. I have no diagnosis yet so there is nothing for me to do. I am sitting in and doing what I know how to do. I'm working, I'm hanging with the family and drinking maybe a little more beer than usual.
Bill and Tori both came over last night and we drank limoncello, beer and margaritas then a little Flor de Cana.
Kid 1 and I went down to Kaiser Roseville to get some more blood drawn for further testing. She held my hand while I got stuck by the needle. We had lunch at Carls Jr. She loves her some chicken strips. While we ate I talked to her about what is going on. For a 6 year old she took it really calmly.

When we got home there was Jennifer and Ray over for a visit. Love those guys! Ray has done quite well in the Bay Area cyclocross series. More about that later over on Veloloco. Ray brought over a bunch of spare parts with which to build up Curtis Hincapie's (well earned nick name) cross bike. I am all over that.

I am keeping busy. I am doing great! I dont yet know what is going and I refuse to get freaked out about it until there is something to do. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.
Gratitude:
Chickenhawk
Kiddles
Friends
KT
Bill
yllib
family
My co-workers
Low Interest rates

2 comments:

Jesse said...

sorelegs,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. It seems like you are handling it better than expected.

If you like the Flor de Cana, you might also like Zaya. It's a dark Guatemalan rum. Yummmmmm.

Lack of AVBC and Deschutes is one thing that always keeps me open to the possibility of moving back West.

I've got an old friend from college who lives in Auburn with her husband, who used to be a river-guide on the American. Did you guide at any time?

Sorelegs said...

Hey Jefe,
You cant really wave a stick in Coloma without hitting a river guide or ex-riverguide. Chances are i know your friend or someone that knows your friend. It is a big tight community 'round here.
I'm gonna go over to Beverages and More later today. I'll pick me up a bottle of zaya. I'll give you the report.